Question
Posted by: stephen | 2010/05/23

Burninng foot

i was involved in car accident and i had pelvic fracture.i.e the pubis bone got broken on my right butt.My biggest concern is burning right foot.I have used rubbing creams like deep heat,methyl salicylate and salf ointment but they same not to help.Am now using cold water.Please help ,i can not manage to stay with my foot in water all the time.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

I will forward your question to Dr Crane who is our traum specialist and his expertise includes the foot and ankle. I trust that you will receive an answer from him soon

2
Posted by: Dr. Crane | 2010/05/27

Dear stephen,
from your history it sounds like you have injured or have a nerve pinced as it exits the spine by your pelvic fracture. (pinched L5/S1 nerve root). This nerve supplies the foot and if trapped causes a burning sensation and even loss of power. Unfortunately treating your foot will not solve the problem. I suggest you see your surgeon and ask him to arrange a MRI scan of your lumbar spine to visualise the nerve entrapment and formulate a solutuion.

Reply to Dr. Crane
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/05/23

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum