Question
Posted by: stephen | 2010/05/23

Burninng foot 2

I would appreaciate if you would tell me the cause of the burning foot and also prescribe treatment.Thank you.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

I will forward your question to Dr Crane who is our traum specialist and his expertise includes the foot and ankle. I trust that you will receive an answer from him soon

4
Posted by: Dr Crane | 2010/05/27

Dear stephen,
sorry I have just read your previous posting

from your history it sounds like you have injured or have a nerve pinced as it exits the spine by your pelvic fracture. (pinched L5/S1 nerve root). This nerve supplies the foot and if trapped causes a burning sensation and even loss of power. Unfortunately treating your foot will not solve the problem. I suggest you see your surgeon and ask him to arrange a MRI scan of your lumbar spine to visualise the nerve entrapment and formulate a solutuion.

Reply to Dr Crane
Posted by: DR Crane | 2010/05/27

Dear stephen, unfortuntely there is no specific answer i can give you without actually seeing you. But the common causes of a burning foot range from infection (fungal or bacterial), nerve origin (pinched nerve in the foot or spine) or blood supply (problem with either veins or arteries in your legs) diabetes or gout.

Reply to DR Crane
Posted by: stephen | 2010/05/24

May I have a full referral to the expert doctor please.Is he among the experts on this website or he is an extenal expert?

Reply to stephen
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/05/23

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum