Question
Posted by: Marlene | 2010/01/13

Burning / wriggling sensation in leg while sitting

Dear Doctor

I need some advice for my mother.

When she sits down for a few minutes, her right buttock and thigh goes numb and she experiences a sensation like wriggling worms in the buttock and thigh. These areas also get fairly hot, although it might be related to her Hormone tablets being stopped.

She has seen a General Surgeon, Neurologist and Internist and had MRI scan, xrays of the neck, back and leg, extensive blood and urine tests. To date no diagnosis.

Please help, even if you could just point us in the right direction.

Kind regards

Hallo Marlene
If the x/rays and MRI does not show a pinched nerve in the spine, it may be a pinched nerve between two muscle heads somewhere in the pelvis, I suggest you ask a physiotherapist to also have a look.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/13

Hallo Marlene

Reply to cyberdoc