Posted by: shaz | 2009-03-09

burning urine after sex

every time after we have sex with my boyfriend whe i have to urine its really burning andit smell and its weak and we use a codom everytime.

Urinary problems post sex are common and can be caused by a variety of factors ranging from a dry vagina ,contamination , infections , latex irritation and chemicals .
To obviate your difficulty you need to :
1) perform a mid stream urine culure and sensitivity to exclude any infection.
2) always wipe after defeacation with a front to back motion or wash in a bidet .
3) it is advisable to empty your bladder post intercourse before sleeping .
4) check if you do not have a latex allergy
5) if you are not lubricating enough use a water based gel like Replens(R)

Hi, I am an HIV+ gay male. My boyfriend and I had protected sex. The following day he questioned me about a burning sensation when he urinates. He does not complain about any other symptoms. We used a condom.
There were times in the past the we did not use a condom and he never had this symptom. Could he be infected with an STI? Is it possible that he had an A-symptomatic STI from previous unprotected sex between us? Could it be that the STI is only showing symptoms after a long time? Please advise. Thank you.

Posted by: Lola | 2009-03-21

I also had this problem for a while and my sex life was going down the dumps. I tried cranberry juice but I found something better. Over an above what the doc recommends, there are cranberry supplements you can buy from a pharmacy. These worked wonders for me. If this poblem is everytime you make love, take a pill b4 intercourse. Before you know it, the problem will be gone.

Reply to Lola
Posted by: Tumza | 2009-03-09

Check this on the internet-Honeymoon Cystitis.This is what you suffering from.I am having the same problem.Drink Cranberry Juice before and after making love.

Reply to Tumza