Question
Posted by: Janine | 2009/11/28

burning tongue

About 6 weeks ago I started with this burning sensation on my tongue and it only got worse.

I read up about it on the internet and am using the fllowing to for almost 2 weeks now:

Vit B Complex
Vit B 12 and folic acid
Iron tablets
Zinc tablets
Bio strath
I use Honey as an ointment
I put Lavender oil on at night (horrible)
I am not eating any hot and spicy foods

There has been now difference yet. Please could you help as I need this cured and am not sue what to do anymore. It all started when I had my tooth extracted.

Your help is needed.

Janine

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Janine,

My suggestion would be to phone the dentist that did the tooth extraction. In some cases your symptoms may be the result of nerve damage (the nerves that supply feeling to the tongue,
lower lip and the chin run close to the root-ends of some teeth) - This almost always temporary, but I'd suggest asking your dentist about it.

All the best.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2009/11/30

Hi Janine,

All the best.

Reply to pharmacist