Posted by: Janine | 2009-11-28

burning tongue

About 6 weeks ago I started with this burning sensation on my tongue and it only got worse.

I read up about it on the internet and am using the fllowing to for almost 2 weeks now:

Vit B Complex
Vit B 12 and folic acid
Iron tablets
Zinc tablets
Bio strath
I use Honey as an ointment
I put Lavender oil on at night (horrible)
I am not eating any hot and spicy foods

There has been now difference yet. Please could you help as I need this cured and am not sue what to do anymore. It all started when I had my tooth extracted.

Your help is needed.

It sounds like if you are suffering from a condition called Glossodynia. It is possible that your condition started after exposure to dental materials, after you had your tooth extracted. Your condition is not due to nerve damage because the tongue is supplied by the cranial nerves, which are not close to the area of the teeth.

Please refer to the following link and consult your doctor for the a script for the appropriate medication: