Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2009-02-10

Burning Thigh

I get this severe burning pain in the top of my left leg/thigh, there are no signs of redness, swelling or dark veins or anything, it is just an unbearable burning sensation that last for a few hours then goes away. I also dont get it often, it comes and goes over a few months. What could this be?

Dear Michelle
It may be a nerve that gets pinched between two muscles or in your back - let your doctor have a look to see if you have reduced sensation in that area or if the feeling can be triggered by certain movements.