Posted by: Liz | 2009-09-12

Burning swollen ankle

Dear Cyberdoc,

I have highbolood pressure and cholestrol problems I am on chronic medication. However my feet swell today I have experienced a burning pain in my left swollen ankle is this something I should be worried about ? Please help !

There might be some reason for concern and I therefore, suggest that you consult your doctor, in order for him/her to add a diuretic to your high blood pressure medication. Your doctor should also do a renal function test, to exclude the swollen ankles of being a symptom of renal impairment.

Posted by: Liz | 2009-09-13

Many thanks for the advice I will consult my doctor tomorrow !

Regards Liz

Reply to Liz