Question
Posted by: Rina | 2011/03/22

Burning stomach

I''ve been on a lower calorie and regular exersice plan for about 6 weeks now. I''ve lost 8 kilo''s and I''m building muscle, so I am really pleased. Lately though, I''ve been getting this burning sensation in my stomach like I am extremely hungry. I eat plenty and would sometimes get this burning about half an hour after a meal. It is not heartburn, its something else. The location is about a fist length above my navel, almost directly where my stomach is.
Any ideas?
My boss seems to think it''s stress, ha-ha.

Rina

Dear Rina
Well done for losing those 8 kgs! Your boss could be correct and from what you say, you may be suffering from gastritis or a stomach ulcer. I would recommend that you have a medical examination to see what is causing these symptoms. If you do have an ulcer or gastritis then the dr will prescribe the necessary medication. Once we have a diagnosis we can make changes to your dietary intake.

1

Dear Rina