Posted by: SL | 2008-11-25

Burning smell in nostrils after exercise

I wanted to find out please if you know what I could be smelling after or towards the end of my exercise smells almost like a burning in my normally is most prominent when i am a warm shower after exercise but also occurs towards the end of my session. It is definitely not Body Odour as it smells different and I can almost smell it inside my nostril if that makes sense..Was told it may be me burning lactci acid and i wanted to clarify that....

It's definitely not lactic acid - that much I'm sure of. Unfortunately, that's about all I'm sure of, because i've never heard of this before...

It may be that during exercise, the nerves of your nose are sensitized or over-stimulated by the obvious increase in breathing, and perhaps that irritation of the nerves somehow causes this sensation. But it's a first - I've never experienced, or even heard of it before, so I'm going to have to give up on this one! Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Posted by: Jen | 2008-12-06

You' re not the only one. I have this problem too. Like you, it' s the worst when I' m showering after the work-out. I figure as long as it' s not interrupting my life, I won' t worry about it, but I' m curious too.

Reply to Jen
Posted by: SL | 2008-11-27

Thanks for the reply...and the honesty! :)
It is so strange, as it has happened for ages and i have always been concerned about it...
Do you know when I would be able to tell if my body is burning lactic acid?

Reply to SL