Question
Posted by: Wallace | 2011-12-19

burning sensations

Hi doc, I am a 30 year old female. Recently i.have had these burning sensations in my upper.and lower throat and a squeezing sensation around my chest, sometimes it gets so bad that it feels like I have a peach pip stuck in my lower throat. I have been to my gp that prescribed nexiam and told me its heartburn, which did help, but this doesnt feel like heartburn. I dont get this often but this pain can just strike at anytime of the day and it feels like I have to push against my chest to ease it, which obviously doesnt help. My question is what could it.be and why does it hit me out of nowhere. Your help is appreciated

Wallace

It is possible that you are suffering from severe gastric reflux, where the stomach content pushes up inside the oesophagus, causing your symptoms. Ask your GP for a referral for a gastroscopy and barium meal, in order to have a proper diagnosis made. In the interim, you can use Gaviscon Plus, three times daily before meals. You can continue taking the Nexiam.