Question
Posted by: Sg | 2008/10/15

Burning sensation on skin

I usually cycle at gym for 20-30 minutes but last night did 40 minutes.I had no issues at the time but this morning felt a burning sensation under my testicles going round to the lower end of my backside.I thought it was probably just from the cycling,however,the burning sensation has moved down the back of my leg to just short of my knee (on both legs but more the right one).It is not muscular at all but simply on the skin.
The Sister at my pharmacy is a bit stumped but thought it " might"  be shingles and gave me " Stopitch"  to use.
Should I wait to see if this helps or go see a dr?

Hi Sg
You probably bruised your pudendal nerve between the bicycle seat and your pelvic bone. This is usually temporary but can take up to a month to recover. You should not preferably not ride a bicycle again until this has recovered. If it persists or gets worse, ask your GP to have a look and refer you to a neurologist/orthopedic surgeon if needed.