Posted by: DK | 2011-10-04

Burning sensation just below belt line and both sides of bladder

Hi, Im battling with this now for 8 months. Its a constant irritation, burning feeling on the sides of my bladder just below my belt line running down to my pelvis. I went for all the urology tests, prostate, bladder scope, c-scope, jodium bladder test etc. No reason for this. I don''t have any infections and also urinate at a normal frequency. My next step is a G-scope to check for a peptic ulcer. I do road running and its extremely uncomfortable and painful while exercising.Is this possibly IC? Your opinion will be appreciated.

I suggest that you consult a neurologist, as it is possible that there is irritation of the nerves supplying sensation to these areas. Chronic irritation of these sensory nerves will cause neuropathic pain that will not improve with the use of general anti-inflammatories. The neurologist will do some tests to evaluate the sensory nerves.

Feedback will be appreciated.