Posted by: Marlene | 2008-11-12

Burning sensation in breasts

Hello, I have had two friends diagnosed with breast cancer in the last month and my mother died from breast cancer. I have never gone for a mammogram and since the news have been more afraid. I have in the past 2-3 weeks been feeling a burning sensation in my left breast with some sharp pains at times. I have not felt anything unregular for I feel my breasts everyday. What do you think this could be? Please help?

You are obviously worried and the only way to stop your worries is to see a doctor. I don't know how old you are , but you should have mammograms from the age of 40 yrs.

Posted by: daisy | 2008-11-12

that was the first early symptom of my pregnancy. my breasts actually felt like they were burning inside and every now and then a twinge of sharp pain.

Reply to daisy
Posted by: Rix | 2008-11-12

I would say you need a breast examination. Rather safe than sorry. Go to your G.P and take it from there.

Reply to Rix