Question
Posted by: Kinda Concerned | 2011/07/09

Burning sensation after intercourse

Hi. I am 25 years old. My boyfriend and I have recently changed from using condoms to using oral contraceptives. I went to a gynae who did a check-up and said everything looks fine, then gave me the prescription. I''ve never had sex without a condom before. We don''t experience any problems or discomfort during intercourse, but afterwards I experience a burning sensation in my vagina. It is not unbearable, but causes a lot of discomfort. This lasts for about 30 minutes, then I feel fine again. What could be the cause of this and should I be concerned or go see my gynae?

It is probably the semen on the little areas of friction from intercourse, like water on a raw wound. You could try using more lubrication.

3
Posted by: L | 2011/07/12

I had the same problem. It could be a yeast infection. Google yeast infection and compare your symptoms. a Vaginal cream can fix it.

Reply to L

Posted by: Tk | 2011/07/10

its candidisis,yeast infection its nt a std dont worry nd its easilly treatable,go to da pharmacy nd tell thm u need a cream 4 vaginal trush or c a gynea who will examine nd give u better nd best medication thn those u ask 4 over the counter

Reply to Tk