Posted by: Help | 2008-11-12

Burning sensation

I am experiencing a burning sensation in my penis after I ejaculated. Sometimes the burning sensation starts from nowhere and continues until I had an orgasm. The burning is sometimes so severe that I must use a wet cold facecloth to cool it down. This does not happen regulary, sometimes 2 or 3 weeks will pass before the burning sensation returns. The burning sensation will start at any given time and will get worse if i dont ejaculate. When I urinate, the burning stops for a minute or 2. I have heard that it might be a chronic prostate or something. Please some help.

This is a question best posed to the expert Urologist. As a sexologist this is not my area of expertise. There are a number of possibilities, including a possible infection, a possible sexually transmitted infection and other possibilities.

It is helpful to know that semen is alkaline and urine is acidic and both pass through the same tube, i.e. the urethra. It is not uncommon that when a man urinates very soon after he has ejaculated to experience a burning sensation because of the sudden change from an alkaline to an acidic environment in the urethra.

I would suggest that you consult a GP and/or Urologist and have a medical assessment.

Posted by: oz | 2008-11-13

This happens to me to.The only thing is that I dont burn that much that I have to use a cold facecloth.I had a prostate problem that was treated with antibiotics, but after a while it all came back again.All that I use now and it seems to help is, go and buy Cranberry pills, drink two in the morning and drink a lot off water, and I dont know where you stay ,but dont drink water out of a tap, go and buy water , because the water has a lot to do with it, the e.coli (one or other bug that is in the water, seems like all over SA)stays in your bladder.

Reply to oz