Question
Posted by: Helen | 2011-01-11

burning painful feet

I have tried going barefoot, and used different types of shoes/takkies. My soles especially from middle up to my toes burns/stings so badly. When standing up, my one foot cannot have pressure on the toes..if it does I get a shock like sensation right through the big toe that it feels like something going through the toenail. The pain can continue for a good few minutes while in motion. I do take puresis daily, so my feet are not swollen. I also take pexola due to symptoms of RLS/polyneuropathy. My calves get so sore that they feel bruised when massaging, but massaging is the only thing that seems to give me some relief..enough to go to sleep. This burning/pain in my feet worries me as this is a new problem.

Hallo Helen
There are various conditions that can cause burning feet, like a Morton's neuroma (Growth in the nerve of the foot), certain blood diseases, neuropathy (nerve damage) due to diabetes or vit B shortage, blood circulation disorders, overuse of the muscles (standing the whole day). Best is to see your doctor to examine your feet and legs to see what the possible cause is, as the treatment will depend on the cause and some blood tests may be needed.

2
Posted by: Helen | 2011-01-11

thank you for your prompt response...I will consult with a doctor asap.

Reply to Helen
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-11

Hallo Helen