Question
Posted by: kati | 2008/09/18

burning pain right hearline area

my daughter is 9 yrs, today she suffert from a pain, says it' s a burning feeling (as if her brains are cooking) on her hearline area, above her right eye. her face was flushed and she said she had a horrible headache and was very talkative. burning sensation come and go, when burning and i place my hand there, it is actually hot? what could this be? thank you.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Kati,

It is absolutely imperative that your daughter is seen by a competent doctor as soon as possible. One cannot tell what is causing the problem with the limited amount of information you have given me. It may be something that is easy to treat if you catch it early, so please don’t delay seeing your doctor.

This information has been supplied and checked by the multidisciplinary team of specialists at The Headache Clinic, in association with The International Headache Society and the South African Institute of Headache and Migraine Science. For consultation with these specialists, call The Headache Clinic on 0861 678 911 (Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban).