Question
Posted by: PinkSparkle | 2011-04-09

Burning pain in my side

Good day I have a 2 year old son, born February 2009. Ever since October 2010, I started experiencing pain on my right side around where my ovary is located. Its a burning feeling and even the skin is sensitive to the touch. This only happened when I ovulated and had my period. I then missed my period for three months (I wasn''t pregnant) and it came back in March 2011, and the pain is back more than ever, to the point where I can''t drive or pick my son up. I went to two gynae''s, none of which I felt truely listened to me. No tests were done and I was put on birth control because they " thought"  it " may"  be endometrioses. I don''t like working on assumptions. Do you have any idea what this can be? I''m weary of spending more money on another gynae that won''t ever bother to properly look for the problem. i checked the symptoms for endo and apart from the pain I have none of the other symptoms such as painful or heavy period, only the intense burning feeling in my side. I once went to the ER because of the pain and was given tramacet (which I hate because it makes me woozy) and sent away. The ER dr phoned my gynae who couldn’ t even remember me!!! Can I not insist on being admitted and tests done? I’ m getting married next year and would love to try for another baby, but afraid that whatever is wrong my affect my fertility, but no doctor seems to care to find out what the issue is!

An ovarian cyst is a possibility. Did you not have scan? If the pain is only there at ovulation and lasts for less than 24 hours, then it may just be ovulation pain.I cannot make an assessment without an examination.
Try to find a gynaecologist whom you trust.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-04-12