Posted by: Steve | 2012-03-02

Burning Pain

Hi there,

My wife has been diagnosed with kidney infection early last year and was treated succesfully.She had symptoms of sever lower back pain.Almost a year later she''s has the same syptoms and went to a private doctor,who then said she has a problem with her back.Gave some pain tablets and that was it.Now 3 weeks later she ''s complaining of a burning lower back pain that''s travelling to her abdomin.It makes it impossible for her to carry out her normal duties at home.I''m concerned that the kidney infection hasn''t cleared up and has became worse over time.It might also be bowel problems as she also went for an colonoscopy last year,but everything was found okay.What do we do and is this a matter of urgency as she feel everytime she goes to a doctor they say it''s not serious.Thanks agian.

I suggest that she makes an appointment with an urologist for a second opinion. Chronic kidney disease and infection, can lead to kidney failure and it is therefore, very important to distinguish between lower back pain and kidney infection.