Question
Posted by: anon | 2009/05/19

Burning / itching when urinating

For the last 2 or 3 weeks, from time to time I' ve been experiencing a slight burning / itching sensation when I urinate. Sometimes the itching is just inside my vagina as well, and this will sometimes itch for a while still after I' m done.

What could this be? I' ve only ever had one sexual partner, my husband. Could this just be a UTI?

Dear Anon
It could be a UTI or a vaginitis - it is not necessarily sexually transmitted. Have your urine tested to see if you need antibiotics, and if you have a white vaginal discharge, try some Canesten cream vaginally.