Question
Posted by: PA | 2009/11/05

Burning in my chest

Dear Doctor,
I' ve been having some bladder issues lately. It' s mild infections but they come back quite often. Now I think I have one again. As soon as I drink a glass of water or clear juice, I start going to the washroom every 15 minutes. But this I am used to. What worries me is that now I also get some burning in my chest during or right after urination. Sometimes I also get this feeling when I wake up, usually when I haven' t been to the washroom for several hours. I don' t know what it is. If the idea wasn' t so stupid, I' d say my urine must be running free all the way from my lower abdomen to the bottom of my neck, burning the tissue as it moves. It sure feels like burning, in the tissue or veins or something. I' ve had ultrasounds made to both kidneys because of other reasons a few weeks ago, so I also know these are not damaged. So what could be causing this? I know for sure this has nothing to do with heartburn, it affects basically the area between the chest bones and the skin. It could be along the sternum and not tissue though. I' m not too sure what exactly, but still it' s the chest area and it' s clearly associated with going or not going to the toilet.

Dear PA
Have you had a heart examination lately? One should test for angina ( with an ECG) and diabetes ( with a fasting blood sugar test) and send an urine to the lab to do a microscopy and culture to see if you have germs in the bladder.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: a theory? | 2009/11/05

Hi PA,

Does it hurt to urinate? maybe if it burns or hurts you' re tensing up when you use the wash room and there' s some kind of muscular pain developing in your chest as a result?

Wait for the docs response though! I' m just theorising...

Reply to a theory?
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/05

Dear PA
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc