Question
Posted by: Larry | 2012/03/12

Burning feet

Hi Doc, I have a terrible burning sensation on the soles of my feet. It is much worse when I lie down, it gets so bad at times it keeps me awake. Please could you advise on the cause and the possible treatment

Larry

The burning pain on the soles of your feet, can be due to peripheral neuropathic disease. This condition affects the nerve endings and is characterised by a chronic burning sensation. You will have to consult a doctor for an examination and blood tests, to determine the cause. Ccnditions like diabetes, severe Vitamin B deficiencies or hypothyroidism can be possible causes.