Posted by: Michelle Venter | 2009-09-14

Burning eyes

I have burning red eyes. I do not use any medication such as eye dops or anything else and also do not have glasses. I am 21 years old and never had eye problems besides this. I am active, have a balanced diet and not overweight. I am almost constantly yawning and feel very tired. I do not know what the cause might be. Please help!

Hallo Michelle
See an optometrist for an evaluation to see what the cause is: dry eyes, allergies or irritation of the eyes. The treatment may depend on the cause. Do you sleep well and enough?

Posted by: Michelle Venter | 2009-09-15

Hi Dr Bets. Thank you so much for your reply.
Well I think I sleep well at night. I would wake up with swollen eyes that' s irritable. I have never worn glasses in my life. In the evening around 20h00 to 21h00 I feel so sleepy. :-) and no, I do not smoke any funny substances :-) I wonder if it might be due to a shortage of vitamins because I also constantly feel as if I have no energy.

Reply to Michelle Venter