Posted by: Angel | 2009-06-23

Burning during Intercourse

Hi Doc, I have been to my Gynae about a month ago telling him that i have this very burny feeling as soon as my husband penetrates me. I told him it must be an infection of some sort, he then did a pap smear and gave me a tablet..think it was Sporalox to drink for one day (2 tablets only). He also gave me a suppository that he said would work for 10days, and that I must use Canestan cream on the outside only. He told me if I don’ t " use it I will loose it" . It was more of a joke on his side but I have now done this and still have this intense burning feeling during and after intercourse. It even throbs afterwards together with the burning for about 20minutes. When my Gynae had a look he said it “ looked a bit red” ..and that was it. They would have phoned me if anything was wrong with my pap smear results.
If I can describe it, it feels like my skin/inside my vagina is so thin and sun burned on the inside. Please could you suggest if I should go back to him again, or go for a 2nd opinion? I’ m so scared something' s very wrong and is going undetected. I phoned his offices about a month before last months visit and they gave me the Sporelox again...but I just don’ t think its working. Your opinion and suggestion is much needed. I feel silly asking him again, as he must be thinking I’ m over reacting. Kind Regards.

It is quite reasonable to go back to your doctor. Also have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrent thrush. It would be important for your partner to be treated as well.

Posted by: Angel | 2009-06-24

Thank you for the reply...but I probably should have mentioned it is my original comment that we ALWAYS use lubrication, and I do mean always, so it is definitely not that.

Reply to Angel
Posted by: Just me! | 2009-06-23

Maybe you are just a bit dry?Use lots of KY jellie.After my 2 kids i felt the same during and after sex,couldnt walk afterwards as it was buring and very sore.Anyway when i use lots of KY jelly its much better.The dryness makes the friction inside if you have some lubricant there will be lots less friction.You understand?

Reply to Just me!