Question
Posted by: pete | 2010-04-19

burning after sex

directly after sex, while still inside, I experienced a burning sensation at the tip of my urethra as well as the end of my shaft, just below the glans. This sensation lessened after penetration had ended. I examined my shaft and there was a distinctly more reddened area local to the burning.

I am regularly sexually active, with one sexual partner. It was vaginal intercourse with sufficient lubrication, so I don''t think it could have been chafing. This is the first time I experienced the burning and the sensation has dissipated together with the redness since intercourse.

Is there a possibility that I have an STI ?

It may be possible but STI's usually present with urethral discharge, penile sores/ulcers or painful glands along the inguinal region. observe for the development of these symptoms and if they occur, seek medical treatment. A urinay tract infection can also present with burning so watch out for any burning on passing urine. since it was a once off episode i would suggest that you observe if it happens and if it does you can consider seeing your local gp to exclude other causes.

1
Posted by: pete | 2010-04-19

the exhibiting symptoms are very similar to mild penile thrush. Is this something serious? Can I just try using some canesten cream ?

Reply to pete