Question
Posted by: Cee | 2008/10/23

Burning

Dear Doc,

Last week Monday I went to see my house doctor about my burning vagina. She did a visual inspection and told me that it looks like a normal fungus infection. She prescribed Sporonox (2 that evening and 2 the next day). I used Metaspor cream, but it made the burning sensation worse. I started feeling better until it became weekend. I phone my Gynae and he prescribed Betadine Douche. I used it exactly as he prescribed, but the burning still continued. I went to see him on Monday and he took a sample and put it under the microscope. According to him, he could not find anything unusual and said that the infection is 80% cleared up. He prescribed the generic drug of Sporonox, which again was 2 now and 2 tablets later.

Doc, the burning sensation is still not gone. It feels like it is becomming a bit better, but it is not going away. In the meantime, I started my period yesterday. I am on Nordette. I made an appointment to see him (my gynae) again on Friday. Is there any suggestions from you of questions that I can ask him? I doubt if it is a vaginal infection, because it is not itching and there are no discharge. Please help. In 5 days time Im going on holiday with my fiance and I dont want to feel this way. It all started after I used a prescription for the antibiotic, Betamox. My housedoctor did a urine test and found no trace of any bladder infections. Thank you.

Dear Cee
It may just be irritation or inflammation of the vagina. Try taking probiotics 3 times a day and ask your Gyne if using esterogen cream for a few days would not help?