Question
Posted by: Ian | 2010-05-11

Burn wounds

I sustained severe burn wounds on my right hand, arms and chest about 2 and half months ago. The wounds have closed up now and the new skin seems to be growing although it is still fairly sensitive especially on my hand which was the area most effected. I recently went for an hour long walk and upon returning noticed that the wounds on my hand, which were a dark pinkish colour, had turned dark purple/black. Is this a result of the exercise, perhaps something to do with increased blood flow? Or could it be a result of the sun (the hand is still bandaged though, could the sunlight have penetrated the bandages?)

Hallo Ian
It could be an indication that the area did NOT get enough blood flow - did the colour return to normal again? Won't be caused by the sunlight. Mention this to your doctor when you see him again?

3
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2010-05-13

Hallo Ian
I think then it is better to ask your doctor to have a look sooner rather than later- one would not want the area of skin to get gangrene due to reduced blood flow.

Reply to Dr Bets
Posted by: Ian | 2010-05-13

Thank you for your reply. The colour did seem to get lighter, however, it has not returned to the colour it was a few days ago, it is still a darker shade of purple...

Reply to Ian
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-11

Hallo Ian

Reply to cyberdoc