Burch vesico, Halban and posterior repair

Good day,

I am 36 years old and had an operation to interest a sling to my bladder in 2001 due to leakage after childbirth. This was successful only for about a year. I now still have some leakage and on top of that I struggle to empty my bladder. (I had another baby last year - c-section but will not have any more) My doctor recommended that I have the following done: 1. Burch vesico suspension 2. Halban procedure and 3. Posterior repair. What are the risks? I currently do not have any problems with my bowels but I am worried that it might change after this op. I am also worried about the effect that this op might have on sexual intercourse. Will the scar tissue result in either me or my husband having less satisfaction?

Usually bowel function is improved after a posterior repair. Sexual function is not usually affected unless you have an anterior and posterior repair. Remember , however, that the usual scenario does not apply to everyone and any operation which is not life-saving should only be done if there is significant discomfort to you.