Question
Posted by: Chivaz' s mom | 2008-11-20

Bunny

i am thinking of adopting a bunny, she is grown up, good with people....

but i know nothing of bunnies... can anyone tell me please??? What do they eat, can they get along with Tess the cat???

Dear Chivaz mom

You better start to do some reading. Buy a good book.

4
Posted by: Bear | 2008-11-21

They can be destructive but can also be taught like a dog what not to do. I know, I taught mine, As a baby, he used to chew my electrical wires. He doesnt anymore.

He now lives outside in the day and inside at night (not in a cage) and is a good bunny,

You need to see what your bunny does. Maybe he will need to be caged. You will have to see.

Reply to Bear
Posted by: Chill | 2008-11-20

If you know nothing about bunnies - why do you want to get one, just because it looks cute?

Yes, bunnies can be destructive - they chew and gnaw things, and they don' t know the difference between braai wood and antique furniture. They also dig, and I mean DIG - they will escape from your garden unless you dig wire fencing at least half a metre into the ground, ALL ROUND! They can make excellent pets - but do some research and homework of your own, before you embark on something you don' t have any idea of.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Chivaz' s mom | 2008-11-20

I have heard they are destructive. is this so....??? This bunny lives inside for her whole life... how do you care for them, do you wash them... is it mostly treated like a cat??? I dont know- help....

Reply to Chivaz&#39 s mom
Posted by: Bear | 2008-11-20

Kitties sometimes kill bunnies. but if its an adult it should be ok. Introduce them to eachother carefully.

All veggies are good and get some rabbit pellets as a 50/50 suppliment to the veggies.

Bunnies are great pets, but do need a lot of maintenace, They need clean bedding daily too. I use straw.

Reply to Bear