Posted by: Painful | 2009-01-22

I have two bunions one on each foot, next to my big toe. It protrudes quite badly its, painful and at times very embarassing. Is there anything i can do to get rid of it or may something i could use to ease the pain? Please advise

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Painful

Bunions can be extremly painful and are complicated to treat. In many cases, bunions will eventually require surgery. Wearing shoes that have extra width as well as arch support will help. Using an icepack to reduce the inflammation in the area will ease the pain.

Posted by: Painful | 2009-01-23

Thanks AngelK.

Reply to Painful
Posted by: ANGELK | 2009-01-22

I know the feeling, but now I' m relieved because I had my two bunions removed last year in April. Get the nearest Podiatrist to refer you to an Orthopaedic Hospital so that they can advice you on what to do.

and if you decide to do the operation, you must know that its extremely painful.

Reply to ANGELK