Question
Posted by: Elise | 2011/09/15

Bundle block

I was diagnosed with an isolated case of bunde branch block in left heart. I have a hand surgery 26 September and would like to know if there will be any danger regarding anaestatics during operation. [The diagnoses was in February 2011]

Expert ImageCardiologist

Morning Elise,

Left bundle branch block is often an isolated abnormality in other words it is not associated with any other underlying heart condition. (I presume you have seen a cardiologist or physician and have had an echocardiogram).

If so, there should be no problems at all with an anaesthetic for hand surgery, but please mention to the anaesthetist that you have isolated LBBB. . I hope it goes well.

JT

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/09/23

Morning Elise,

JT

Reply to Cardiologist