Question
Posted by: Tammy | 2008/07/23

Bumps on arms...

Hi...

I tend to get these bumps on my arms which resemble small white-heads/ pimples on my upper arms and shoulders. Not all of them turn into whiteheads but they definately form bumps that pop when you squeeze them (sorry to be so graphic). Like sebum build-up.

Im not sure what this is from... a homeopath has said to me that its because i lack certain minerals and that my skin is " stressed out" ... others have said its an allergy to something (which i still cant figure out what) and another person has mentioned that its due to acidic blood(??)

I am desperate!! These bumps make my skin look terrible (white bumps and red marks from rubbing against my long sleeve tops)and im dreadiing summer when my arms will be constantly exposed.

Im not sure if its related, but i tend to get similar bumps on my forehead.

Im hoping you can shed some light on this...

Thanks  )

Dear Tammy
This is the time when you see a Dermatologist who will be able to firstly diagnose what these bumps are in various sites on your body and then prescribe the correct treatment. It is unlikely that this type of skin condition could be caused by dietary factors.
See a Dermatologist ASAP

1
Posted by: Cisca | 2008/07/25

Hi Tammy,
The same condition runs in our family (my mother,brother,myself,my daughter and my son).
Our dermatologist said it' s a condition called poroceratosis,not sure of the spelling though.He prescribed Eucerin and a cream that' s mixed at the pharmacy.In addition to the bumps there can also be little brown flecks on the skin.It' s got something to do with the pores which excretes too much sebum and the layers of the skin that' s uneven beneath the surface.
Hope this helps, but I know that my bumps started to " disappear"  from age 35.

Good luck, I know how embarassing this can be!

Reply to Cisca