Question
Posted by: nn | 2010/03/08

Bum and Tum excerises

At the moment I have such a crazy lifestyle. I work from 8am to 5pm. I study part time on Monday and Thursday nights til 8.30pm. And then I play action netball on Wednesday. So O really only have Tuesday nights off and then the weekend. I would like to think that the netball is good exercise but I need something that will help me get my 6 pack back. Considering the lack of time I have –  I need some quick fix tips on how to get my tum and bum back into rock hard shape.

Hi Natalie

The netball is good yes, but it's too infrequent currently at once a week. I do think that you'd benefit from adding a few more days of exercise to your week. The weekend is probably the best bet, where you have 3 days to work with.

For your particular problem, I hate to break it to you, but there is no quick fix. In fact, there's no quick fix for anything exercise related, it all takes time and effort.

My advice is that you need to do cardio training on at least 2 more days a week - either running, or taebo, or cycling, or walking, something along those lines. On one other day (and this can be on Wednesday, or even Mon or Thurs), you can do homebased exercises like stomach crunches, lunges, squats, that kind of exercise to help tone and strengthen muscles.

For the cardio, difficult to give exact training - I'd recommend that you check out hte Fitness page of the site and look at the programmes and select one. Perhaps a programme to get you up to 10km in 12 weeks.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/03/11

Hi Natalie

Reply to fitnessdoc