Question
Posted by: Maria | 2010/05/17

Bullying..

hi Doc, We 100% suspect an older child is bullying and intimidating my 3 year old, he is getting nightmares, bites his nails and , saying stuff like he is a girl and must wear dresses, he will chop your head off, I’ ll drown you in the toilet…  he don’ t want to go alone to the toilet alone we must stand with him at all times. he get acute anger outburst and is then destroying anything he can gets his hands on.. I’ ve spoken to the school about this and is seeing a Dr this week.

How can I help him in the meantime, what can I do to make him feeling safe, I do love him and cuddle him and tells him verbally that I loves him, only this weekend he said to me ''that boy'' is hurting him. I did not even suspect this. I just though normal 3 year old tantrums. but this is serious! he also complaint Thursday night his bum is sore, I thought because he is a bit constipated nothing of this. BUT NOW I’ m FREAKING OUT!!! I don’ t want to go and accuse anybody - I did asked him if anyone touch him on his private parts but I think he is unable to communicate that to me, he just said this boy punch and kick him. I asked him who and he gave me a name. I did inform the owner of the crè che and asked her to look into this and keep them separated at all times. Do I need to take him to a GP or Hospital to check out?? i dont want to be over paranoid but i cant just not leaving this!?

It cetainly does sound as though someone is upsetting him and most probably at school - the new comments all sound like quotes from someone else. As for what you can do with him in the meantime, it sounds as though you're doing all the right things already. I understand your concern that some of his complaints suggest at least a possibility of abuse, and this would probably be best checked out, by a good GP or paediatrician. You're being sensible, and not in the least paranoid - lett's hope it all turns out to be nthing needing more concern

1