Question
Posted by: Cathy | 2008/06/26

Bullying

My 3 year old son has recently been continiously bullied by a very good friend of mine's 3 year old daughter. I have raised the issue in the most tactful way possible, but the parents are both turning a blind eye. My son recently got hurt very badly when the little girl hit him against his ear (whilst he had an ear infection - very painful). I now had a serious talk with the mother about the situation, but she still won't believe it. Both me and my husband have seen this girl hitting and pushing our son many times (we have been babysitting for them) and the mother still refuses to believe it. I know that the parents have shouting matches in front of the little girl and I am sure that this is the cause, please correct me if I'm wrong. What do I do?

If the parents are foolish enough to turn a blind eye to their kid being a bully, I would simply explain to them that as she is bullying him, and they have chosen to ignore this, you can unfortunately no longer visit them or bring your child with you to expose him to this unpleasantness. Don't get into an argument with them, and stop babysitting ( pity you didn't make a video of some of her assaults ).

3
Posted by: anon | 2008/06/27

Spooky is correct video the incident when it happens then show it to the parents if they dont believe you,. It funny but parents like this cant see the wrongs of the child .
And bugger it why baby sit for them if he is so unrully.
Let them find someone else to babaysit him...and im sure they will get the same reaction form someone else.

Reply to anon
Posted by: anon | 2008/06/26

Small children learn from watching behaviour from either:-
parents; siblings; peers; etc. or perhaps what they are doing to her....

I read an article about hitting.....show me a child who hits others and you will find that the parents hit the child....or the parents hitting each other....

Those parents are in denial. Rather distance yourself and your son from them, you really do not need them in your life. If they asked why, then you tell them well the behaviour of their daughter is unsociable and needs attention and when you brought the matter up with them they were in denial.

Its not for you to sort out their problems, they need to get help and help for their daughter....she will end up going to nursery school and bully all the other kids ....

They need to nip the problem in the bud.... now before its too late!

Reply to anon
Posted by: Spooky | 2008/06/26

Perhaps you could use your cell phone to video record this behaviour. Show it to the folks. Then ask for "THEIR" advice.

Reply to Spooky