Question
Posted by: Letitia | 2010/04/28

Bulldog - Hips deteriorating - Options

I have a male bulldog, 18 months old. X-rays have now indicated that both hips are deteriorating. This was discovered because of a limping foreleg and x-rays were taken of the whole body.
I would like to know the options available, success rate of each option, the trauma involved as well as the prognosis.
I am in consultation with my vet but would like to have all the facts.

Dear Letitia

Hips deteriorating from what, dysplasia, inflammation? Best to discuss this with the vet with the x-ray in his hand.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/04/29

Dear Letitia

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/04/28

I think that''s quite a big ask - the cvet isn''t going to write you a treatise with all those details.

See a specialist vet surgeon, who will be able to answer your questions and make a recommendation. Not all of the options are suitable for each case, so your choice of treatment will in any case be curtailed by your dog''s condition - not to mention your bank balance, unfortunately.

Reply to Chill