Question
Posted by: Lee | 2010-05-13

Bulldog hip problem

My bulldog is almost 9 yr, she battles with her hip, the vet said we can give her a voltaren tablet it''''s fine since she is to old to go for a operation or even x-rays as she can have a heard attact, is it fine if i give her a voltaren when I see her limping or what else can you suggest doc.

Dear Lee

Yes, you can use Voltaren when your bulldog limps. 1st get your vet to work out the required dosage and frequency of treatment. Remember that voltaran must be given with food. If there is any vomiting and/or diarrhoea while on treatment then stop all medication and seak advise from your vet.

There are other drugs that you can use such as Rimadyl, Metacam, Petcam and Previcox

4
Posted by: Lee | 2010-05-14

Thanks for all your help, Can I get Rimadyl at any chemist or must it be a script from vet.

Thx.

Reply to Lee
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-05-14

Hi Lee

You can only buy Rimadyl from your vet. If your vet has examined your bulldog then he will most likely dispense the drug.

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2010-05-13

Voltaren buggerd up the kidneys in humans and I am living proof having had back problems for so long and being given Voltaren. My vet said Rimadyl was a far safer option to use for my dogs - haven t a clue if it works for humans though!

Reply to Cat Lady
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010-05-13

Dear Lee

Reply to CyberVet