Question
Posted by: Letitia | 2008/10/14

Bulldog and Beagle?

I' m planning on getting two puppies. One will be a bulldog and one of the recommendations I' ve received is to get a beagle to pair with the bulldog. At the moment I have a 7-year old female bulldog. I work during the day and there are no children. The yard is fairly big and well enclosed. The puppies will not be used for breeding or showing but will be companions and loved to pieces.
Will a beagle be a suitable choice and if not what other recommendations do you have?

Dear Letitia

I would suggest that you speak to both Beagle and Bulldog breeders about your plan. We all have our favourites and what is right for one is lelt for another if you catch my drift.

2
Posted by: Letitia | 2008/10/15

Hi LS, I' m also crazy about bulldogs but need to up the IQ a bit (joke but true). Nikki is ok at home but I' m sure she will be much better of with companions. My main concern is that the dogs will be on their own during the day. We know that bulldogs are lazy and quite happy to laze around. The reason the beagle was recommended is that she will be able to keep herself busy, apparently. Other recommendations were basset, spaniel or poodle. I did talk to a breeder about the beagle but did not get much of a responce.

Reply to Letitia
Posted by: LS | 2008/10/14

Hi Letitia

AAGGHH - we have a three month old bulldog puppy and she is just the best cutest thing ever! I am crazy about bulldogs!

I have no idea about what a good mate will be for a bulldog, but I am sure that if they grow up together, there shoudl not be any problems? Just make sure you get the opposite sex from other puppy.

Has your 7 year old bully been ok so far alone at home during the day?

Reply to LS