Question
Posted by: Andre | 2008/08/20

Bull terrier puppy

hi, doc, i just would like to find out what could be the cause of my puppy itching, i have checked herself and my other dogs don' t have fleas, she' s the only one always scratching, i use the normal tick and flea shampoo on her, could this be the cause? is there anything else i could try.

Dear Andre

Most common causes in puppies: Fleas, Sarcoptic mange. Even if you do not see fleas treat all your dogs with a good flea product. You can buy Aludex/Amitix from a Vetshop and dip your dog weekly for 3-4 weeks. This will sort out the mange. Mange is sometimes difficult to diagnose so best to rule this out as a diagnoses.

1
Posted by: andre | 2008/08/21

Thanks cyber vet will give it a try

Reply to andre