Question
Posted by: Shaz | 2008/08/28

Bull Terrier

I recently acquired an eight month old bull terrier. The dog seems to have an obsession with chasing its tail. I noticed the other day thay he may have managed to actually bite it (blood on the tail). Could there be an underlying reason for this? He received a clean bill of health from the local vet.

Dear Shaz

Lots of walks, toys that stimulate that small brain, bitter apple spray on the tail if needed, even a buster collar to prevent him from getting at his tail. Best to give it your best shot before if gets a learned behaviour. Is he on his own? A friend may be the way forward.

1
Posted by: WR | 2008/08/28

Dog OCD?
Get the Ceasar Milan DVD' s if you can - he gives GREAT advice on treating this type of behaviour. Or just Google it. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.
It can be easilt rectified with some training.
The tail can become seriuosly infected if he did in fact get it, and especially if he continues this.

Reply to WR