Question
Posted by: Shaun | 2010/07/19

Bulking up

i just want to know how to help my puppy to grow up and be a firm dog, he is a bull terrier and i know they are naturaly brutes but i wanted to know what i can feed him or how i can feed him to ensure he is not under or over wieght...

thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to your reply, if possible please email me to above mentioned address.

Shaun

Hi Shaun

You have two choices a) Homemade diet b) Commercial diet

If you have the time to prepare the food then option a) is a good choice - you know the components of the diet and there are no preservatives added. You may need to fortify the diet with supplements are do not occur naturally in the ingredients - information on dog food recipes can be obtained from the internet and dog nutrition manuals

If you do not have the time to prepare food then option b) is the good choice. Please choose one of the premium products (Hills, Royal Canine, Eukanuba) these companies undertake research to provide the best nutrition support for your pet at an affordable price.

Please note that the vol of food fed will depend on the weight/condition score of the dog.

If you castrate the dog then his energy levels may drop and then you may need to consider a low cal diet and increase his exercise regime.

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2010/07/19

Hi Shaun

Reply to CyberVet