Question
Posted by: jon | 2010/02/08

bulk

I am rather thin,I want to bulk up through natural food intake and gym.I am trying for 6 meals a day.What I want to know is that it is tough trying to eat so much,does it matter if its in liquid form?i .e porridge fills you up quick,but if I mix it down to a thick drink I can consume double the amount.And fruit,to eat say 5 apples,10 bananas,5 oranges and 2 paw paws is tough,but if I blend it I can do it...So am I loosing nutritional value through blending it in a mixer or not.(obviously I do have solid meals too i.e steak and potatoes etc). Thank you

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Dear Jon,

Thanks for your question. The nutritional value does not differ whether you eat the food as a solid meal or if you liquidize it together. The most important factor is to ingest the right amount of calories from carbohydrate, protein and fat to ensure you gain weight.

Kind Regards,
Sunita

1
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2010/02/12

Dear Jon,

Kind Regards,
Sunita

Reply to Sports Nutrition