Question
Posted by: ANONYMOUS | 2011/04/05

BULIMIA NERVOSA

Hey, im 23 and suffering from bulimia nervosa.I only binge and purge one to twice daily and starve myself all day.I have no energy and I know why and what to do to regain my health but there are obstacles that get in the way,for instance the feeling and thought that I need it, just like lighting up a cigarette, guess you just have to do it.You just have to stop but how can I handle the feelings and thoughts I have without having my fix.What do normal people do when they are angry, sad, emotional, happy.All these feelings seem to difficult to handle without an outlet and exercise is impossible with the way my eating goes. Any advice?

Expert ImageBehaviour modification

Hi Anonymous
It is important to understand that all behavior has a positive intention, even though it may not be serving you in an obvious way or even doing irreparable long term damage.
I would like to know when you first began binging and purging. What was going on in your life at the time? For example, particularly with eating disorders, when we can't control the outside world we find a way to control some aspect of our lives. In your case it is food. How do you feel when you make a decision not to eat? Do you feel in control? Everyone has a different way of dealing with the issues that life dishes out. The fact of the matter is nothing is going to change until you decide that you have had enough and you want to change. Understand that your behavior is causing profound damage to your body and can kill you if not treated. You need to seek professional help and find a way of getting yourself well. Find another way of empowering yourself. And be kind to your body - there are no second chances.

2
Posted by: Healed | 2011/06/20

Hi Anon,

Just some words of encouragement. I also went through the hardship of dealing with bulimia nervosa. I can gladly say that I have been " healed" . Stay strong!!!

Reply to Healed
Posted by: Behaviour modification | 2011/04/20

Hi Anonymous

Reply to Behaviour modification