Posted by: Jill | 2011-12-14

I am now 35, since I was 18...I sometimes make myself sick. It doesn''t happen often, maybe once or twice a weekend when I feel I have overindulged.

Could this cause problems with fertility? I am female

Expert ImageEating Disorders Expert

Hello Jill,
You are describing some features of bulimia. This is a serious and potentially fatal condition, so your physical problems extend way beyond fertility complications. I suggest that you consult with your G.P., and consider some psychiatric assistance to address the eating disorder you have. A dietician would be able to advise you on a healthy eating plan to normalize your appetite.

Posted by: des | 2012-01-14

Is your cycle still normal? what I do know is that weight fluctuations can cause a hormonal imbalance which can affect fertility, as can being under/overweight.

Reply to des