Question
Posted by: Trapped | 2011-08-11

Bulimia

Im 16 years old and i have a huge problem. I am a normal weight of 51 kg, but i used to be quite a bit skinnier than that so i have gained weight. i used to be overweight at a young age so i have always felt insecure about my body and gaining weight terrifies me. Lately almost everything i eat i feel the need to purge and sometimes i lose control and eat anything i can find and then vomit. its making me throat really sore and i sometimes feel weak and i come last in all my races at school. It is starting to control my life and i dont know what to do?!!! Even though i am vomiting up a lot of my food i still seem to be gaining weight on top of it.

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi there,

your situation is worrying and I would suggest you get some help with your eating patterns and your relationship with food as what you are describing as you suggest is an eating disorder.

I would suggest you see a Psychologist who specialises in young people and eating disorders. The first step which may be hard will be to speak to a parent about your concerns and ask them to help you find help.