Posted by: minki | 2008-12-17

I' ve been bulimic for 5years now, I' m 19 with a bf that sticks with me through everyting but after many promises I' m still throwing up every day. I' ve been for many proffesional help and yet he wants me to see someone in the next year. I will do so because I want to recover like never before. I feel that even though he supports me in every way possible, I' m hurting him and I' m selfish. I want him to move on no matter how hard this will be for both of us.
I don' t see that I will ever be normal and recover from this. I can' t stop!

Promises are never enough, and never ever a sensible substitute for proper treatment. Your bf is right that you need to get proper professional help. Maybe a major thing that may have gone wrong before, is that you didn't work hard enough and sincerely enough, with the shrinks. They can help a lot, but they cannot do it for you. And if you insist on holding onto the decision that you wo;;|never be normal and recover from this" you will force that to come true. You CAN be normal and you CAN recover from this. But it requires expert assistance and loads of really hard work on your part.