Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2011/02/20

Bulging tummy

Hi Doc,
I am a 33 year old female - dont have kids. At times my tummy is so bulgy - like I am 4 months pregnant! I dont really eat a lot of gas forming foods. I go to gym on a regular basis. BMI 23, no issues except for my tummy. IS a flat tummy normal - or is it normal to have a bit of a belly? What do I do to alleviate this problem?

Hallo Sarah
gas in the intestines can sometimes cause bloating, causing a bulging tummy. It is more common just before menstruation or if you are sensitive to some foods like wheat or diary. Try taking probiotics three times a day, ensure that your tummy works at least once every 3rd day (take something like Fybogel if it doesn't) and keep a food diary to see if there are any relationship between certain foods and the bloating.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/02/21

Hallo Sarah