Question
Posted by: Al | 2010/09/13

Built some muscle, now what?

I''ve been training quite intensely for the last year or so (cardio + weights) every day. I''ve put on quite a bit of muscle tissue, especially on my legs and arms. I''m happy with the toned appearance of my arms but I''m starting to become worried that my legs are still bulking up too much. I train my legs with the following excercises twice a week: different types of squats, lunges, leg curls, leg extentions, different calf raises, other excercises that focus on the glutes. I would like to lose a little bit of mass/bulk on my quads and build some more calf muscle. I have nice firm buttocks, but they could be a little smaller.
How do you suggest I adapt my leg training in order to accomplish this? Note that I do an hour of cardio after each weight training session (running, cycling, rowing, ellyptical trainer, stepper).
Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hi AI

Just reduce the volume, and see what happens. If you're doing 3 sets of each one, try 2. Or cut half the exercises per day. Or reduce the weight used per exercise and see what it does over a couple of months.

So I think it's a question of just reducing the volume, and see what it does.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/09/20

Hi AI

Reply to fitnessdoc