Question
Posted by: Andrew | 2008/08/21

Build up of Gas in Nutritional System

Hi Doc,

I think these expert medical forums are excelent by the way.

My problem - When I eat I take in alot of wind so I always feel bloated which is really uncomfortable. Theres usually a large build up of gas in my system and I therefor pass alotta gas. Sometimes I will be at my desk and start to get a build up of gas which then makes a growling noise and I have to keep getting up to leave the room so I can release it. It' s becoming a bit embarassing and very uncomfortable. Can you please suggest any solutions, treatments, or medications? Could this also be harmful to my body in any way as well ?

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew
Try using Probiotics with every meal and pancreoflat 3 times a day. Avoid food that causes fermentation and build up of gas like beans, onions, cabbage, broccoli, brusselsprouts, too much bread. Eat more soluble fibre ( fruit and vegetables) rather than insoluble fibre ( whole wheat, bran, high fibre carbohydrates) Ensure that you drink enough water and that your tummy works at least once every 3 days ( use Fibogel orange if it doesn't). Avoid gas cooldrinks and eat slowly to prevent swallowing of air.
The noise and movement of the bowel is normal and not harmful.

1
Posted by: Andrew | 2008/08/21

Thanks doc. I think I do eat a bit too fast. Always in a hurry, for what, I have no idea. And I don' t think I' m eating the proper things as well. Your advice is much appreciated. Will give it a go. Thanks once again :)

Reply to Andrew